Andrew Gardiner Law
Loans, Mortgages and Other Securities | Sunshine Coast
Loans can take many forms. For most of us, our real introduction to lending will be:
- Credit card debt
- Car loan
- House loan and mortgage
Most people do not really understand what they are signing when they take out a loan to buy a house. If you have been presented with any security documentation, we urge you to see a lawyer to have the documents explained.
Some common questions we can answer include:
- What am I borrowing?
- What is the interest rate?
- Why is Mum a guarantor?
- What is a guarantor?
If you are lending someone money, we encourage you to document the loan to protect yourself in case the person does not make repayments. We can:
- Document loans between:
- Parents and children. We never know what may happen in the future.
- Buyers and sellers. Vendor finance is often part of a business sale and these deals need to be formalised.
- Investors and developers. Commercial realities and market forces determine the terms of these agreement.
- Prepare mortgages to secure the loan monies against real property.
- Prepare charges to have loan agreements registered on the PPSR.
Contact us today to discuss how we can help you.
Andrew Gardiner Law
Loans, Mortgages and Other Securities | Client Case Studies
First-home buyers in a de facto relationship were very keen to buy. The bank agreed to the finance. Mum and Dad were giving their daughter the money she needed for the balance of the purchase price. Andrew drew up a loan agreement to protect Mum and Dad (just in case).
Our clients were required to get an Independent Legal Certificate. This is not unusual, but in this case the security that was being proposed by the bank was not what the clients had been told about or understood. The clients went back to the bank and renegotiated the loan. They remain grateful.
Buying or selling a house is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. Do not take any risks. Choose high-quality, efficient and cost-effective conveyancing services from the best in the industry.